What to wear for Ascot – this year’s dress code guide for Ascot
Royal Ascot is one of the most glamorous events of the summer and this year it will be held from 19th to the 23rd of June.
This year Royal Ascot has yet again tightened up its dress code for the event. If you’re not sure what the latest dress code is, GirlMeetsDress.com will help you navigate through the literature of what dresses to wear and hats not to.
THE ROYAL ENCLOSURE requires formal day wear with strict adherence to the following:
- Dresses should have straps with one inch or more
- Dresses should be reasonable above the knee or longer
- It is not allow to use dresses with a strap of less than one inch(2.5 cm), strapless, off the shoulder, halter neck, spaghetti straps.
- Must cover your midcriffs
Check out our designer dresses for the races here: http://hire.girlmeetsdress.com/collections/the-races
- It is a must – have, you need to wear them.
- Hats should has a base of 4 inches ( 10 cm) or more in diameter is suitable instead of a hat.
- Headpieces have to cover
- Fascinators are no longer allowed
- Headpieces should cover an adequate area of the head ( 4 inches/10 cm)
Check out our designer hats for the races here: http://hire.girlmeetsdress.com/collections/hats-fascinators
THE SILVER RING dress code is the less formal environment and correspondingly the dress code is not as strict, namely:
- Dresses should cover the chests
Should be simple enough to follow.
All in all nothing to be alarmed about unless you were hoping to use last year’s fascinators. As ever at GMD we have plenty of gorgeous dresses and hats for you to wear and look your best at the summer social calendar’s biggest event.
By all means do not hesitate to get in touch should we be able to help!