In the Navy.
So lets talk navy! Nearly as dark as black, equally as flattering and somewhat a bit more exciting as it matches all skin tones. Vogue has named navy one of the top trends this autumn/winter season as it is easy to wear and can be dressed up or down! We’ve decided to show you our favourite navy pieces to inspire you this winter season.
Eva Longoria and Beyonce are both fans of this navy trend, both ladies dressing their outfits with their hair pulled back and matching classic navy heels. Beyonce’s bodycon dress emphasises her curves beautifully and Eva’s tuxedo style two piece is perfect for this season.
1. This Nicole Miller Kate lace Dress is perfect for a formal occasion and is extremely flattering not only due to the arm length but the subtle cleavage which is covered in lace! To see how the body con number fits on the model click here.
2. The multi layered nature of the Alice and Olivia dress gives the appearance of a skirt and top, but in fact we all know it is a dress! The use of two tones of the navy colour add dimension and texture to the dress. For more angles check out this link http://hire.girlmeetsdress.com/collections/blue-dresses/products/becker-gathered-dress
3. This gorgeous GMD maxi is perfect for a formal, ball type occasion and would look beautiful with a fur shrug as the nights get colder! Check out the over 10 ways that you can style this wrap around dress and be inspired!
4. Tuxedo style are very much in this season ( as shown by Eva Longoria!) and this Phillip Lim tux dress is a prime example of this! Although it may be seen as a rather masculine look, the tux dress is very sexy and the navy adds to this!
5. The cut away detail and metallic shoulder Marc by Marc Jacobs dress is a rather adventorous dress but due to the simplicity of the colour and length it just works! Team with a pair of flats for the day or spice up the edgy look with a pair of killer heels! Check out the link to see the metallic and detailed shoulder.
Although its hard to pick, the GMD team’s favourite is the Phillip Lim Tux Dress – so we’ll be fighting you for it this weekend!! We’re teaming ours with a pair of killer nude courts – let us know your style plans.
So enjoy the trend and embrace the navy!