Buyer’s Birthday Dresses
Greetings GMD Blog Readers! Buying Assistant Sophie writing today. My birthday is coming up at the beginning of November and I need a dress. The most important factors about the dress:
1. Let’s start with the obvious: my party’s at night so I need an evening dress!
2. I’m not going to lie, I want my friends to be jealous and what better way to do that than with a designer evening dress.
3. The weather’s getting cold so a dress with sleeves sounds like a good option.
4. I’m starting the night in a restaurant with my family so need a ‘family-friendly’ dinner dress.
5. Straight after dinner I’ll be meeting friends in London’s West End where we’ll dance the night away: hello party dress!
There are so many to choose from but I said to myself that I should aim for a top three. Having looked at the evening dresses online in the ‘It’s My Birthday’ collection, and after some debate in the office I gave the list I made to our fabulous styling team who helped me pick The Top Three. You can message them directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org Over the next few weeks, as the big day draws closer, I’ll be revealing the contenders. Here’s the first one!
I fell in love with the Valerie Junifer dress the moment I saw it, there was a lot of oohing and aahing! It is incredibly flattering. The sequins will shimmer as the dancing gets under way in the club, and the construction of the sleeves mean that I won’t get too hot. I’ll have the option of wearing tights with it during dinner and then as soon as I’m with my friends I can whip them off. This dress has started some serious competition, the other contenders better watch out!