The What to Wear to the Races Checklist
What to wear to the races isn’t just a dress issue- an outfit for the races needs to tick all the right boxes in terms of what you wear with it. Â A stunning dress can be ruined by the wrong jacket, too much jewellery, or an oversized hat. On a practical note, getting what to wear to the races right, can mean the difference between having a good day and having an amazing day! Â You don’t want to be shivering in the stalls or caught short in the rain, due to not being properly prepared. Â Below is a checklist for you, your dress and your handbag to ensure ‘what-to-wear-to-the-races’ worries are banished come race-day.
What to Wear to the Races – Practical Must-Haves
- An small-sized umbrella- you don’t want your what-you-wore-to-the-races photos to look more like what-you-were-wet-in-at-the-races type pics.
- A spare pair of tights; always handy should yours ladder/the weather turn- we have various tights to buy from our hosiery section.
- A decent sized bag or roomy clutch- this Angel Jackson satchel will fit all your essentials and add edge to your outfit.
- A shawl for when it gets chilly/warming up your seat/protecting your dress. Â Browse our shawls to buy such as this Vintage Rose Tassel one (pictured), by Honey Lulu.
- A pair of sunglasses. Â It might be worth bringingÂ sun creamÂ or applying it before you go.
What NOT to Wear to the Races
Stilettoes or any other heel that is likely to sink into the grass is THE major what-not-to-wear-to-the-races tip.
Aside from that, get your hemline and straps in order (always check the dress code on the official website of the particular race meeting you are attending) and what to wear to the races is suddenly a piece of cake!